You’ll probably recognize most of these spices…they’re pretty common to have in the spice cabinet, but make sure you keep them stocked up. The healing qualities will transform your spice cabinet into a medicine cabinet as well!
- Cayenne - Very powerful herb, known for stimulating the cardiovascular system, can increase blood flow, speed digestion, and also be applied externally to wounds to stop bleeding.
- Cinnamon - A great antioxidant, and also helps with digestion and circulation.
- Ginger - This one can aid in digestion and also soothe a sore throat and relieve congestion…makes a great tea!
- Pepper - Like Cayenne, it boosts energy and circulation, and warms the body.
- Cloves - They help soothe mouth pain and kill bacteria. In tea, they help reduce fevers and can also be applied to burns and skin irritations.
- Oregano - A proven immune booster, it can also settle the stomach, fight infection, and be taken in a tea at night to settle the mind for a good night’s sleep.
- Basil - It’s known as a sleep aid and can reduce tension and anxiety.
- Bay leaves - Another good one for improving digestion.
- Sage - It can remedy a cough, aid digestion, act as an antibiotic, and it’s even known to ward off evil spirits…
- Garlic - Excellent source of antibiotics and immune booster.
These are just 10, but other good ones include: peppermint, rosemary, thyme, fennel, and turmeric.