YES! Pumpkin seed candy, oh boy! It’s Halloween and you’re carving pumpkins, so why not save some of those seeds for some delightful (and healthy) treats? So yummy, and so easy to do. Check it out!
All you need is:
- 1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp. cold unsalted butter (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepitas; toast, stirring constantly until seeds pop and become slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Place sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, about 3 minutes. Add pepitas, and continue cooking, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cold butter.
- Let the mixture cool on a flat surface, so it will be easy to cut into whatever shape you desire. Slice your pumpkin seed candy and enjoy!
For more Martha Stewart recipes, including how to package your treats with Halloween spirit, click here.